The Virginia NAACP is seeking three regional redistricting organizers to lead NAACP redistricting organizing efforts in Hampton Roads, Metro Richmond, and Northern Virginia, respectively.
About Virginia NAACP
Founded in 1935, the Virginia State Conference of NAACP Branches (Virginia NAACP) is the oldest and largest nonpartisan civil rights organization in the Commonwealth. The Virginia NAACP is focused on being the preeminent voice of Black Virginians and advocating for policies and programs to benefit Blacks and people of color.
- Organizing virtual phone-banking events.
- Organizing virtual text-banking events.
- Recruiting NAACP and external volunteers.
- Planning and executing community-focused events that educate Black Virginians and encourage their participation at redistricting hearings.
- Working directly with NAACP volunteer leaders to quickly build capacity for this program.
- Report directly to the Executive Director.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively and build relationships with others.
- Must have good organizing and planning skills.
- Experience working with volunteers and within Black communities is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel within the local area and work flexible hours. In other words, this position may require some travel connected with official duties, including participation in evening, night and weekend meetings.
- Flexibility with work schedule is a must; may be required to work evenings and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 60-day contract position (September 1 – October 31, 2021) for a total amount of $9,600 paid semi-monthly.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online at https://naacpva.org/jobs. This position has an immediate start date. A one-page resume in .pdf format is required for consideration. Your resume should outline any relevant professional experiences, including your cell phone number, mailing address, and email address.
Apply for this position
Please complete this form in its entirety. Be sure to review the specific requirements in the job description you are applying for.